The Memory Remains...
A long bike ride for a concert !!! The same energy level from
starting to end of the trip with lil spikes in between for sure. I remember how i was " totally pumped " to see a meaningful metal band live. Listening to their mp3s so regularly that i wanted to know how their music would sound 'live.' I could stand in front of the stage and marvel at the band, realizing that they are actually 'human', not just some foreign voice that sings to me in my iPod.
I was at the venue well before time coz have to collect my tickets (booked the tickets online). After getting the tickets, all i was thinking was hitting the bar to get 'completely tanked' to enjoy the experience. Everyone cheering... singing together... as if everyone was destined to be here...
Perhaps i was alone, looking to network with other ppl who must be the same as me because they listen to the same music. Finally, ppl who live in the same world that i do. Maybe you came with friends who all 'mad hyped' the concert for weeks in facebook wall posts. I've been waiting so long to see this. FINALLY, your scene is getting some cred, booking some REAL bands that are what music should be all about.
Its been hours standing in q's and suddenly the gates to heaven are open. YESSSSSS... passing by security checks and praying. I had to smuggle my Dslr and some STUFF inside after all. A small grin everytime i pass the checks.
Finally I m in the main grounds. Securing a good spot was always the priority. Got a very nice spot exactlly in front of the stage. Smoked some stuff to settle down the nerves and empty my mind for some serious metal. Everyone sharing was the best part. I cant remember how many joints i smoked that evening but I felt that kind off thump in the sound checks for the first time in my life.
\m/ Totally Insane \m/
Now comes the opening band. Inner sanctum a local Band openin the show with one more indian band after em. Biffy Clyro rocked the stage totally just before the God's enterd the stage with the most divine experiance one can have.
The show was amazing. Emotion. Lights. Movement. head banging. Sweating. Chaos. Beauty. Losing yourself in the music. I had a feeling that I actually connected with the band. They 'accepted' me. I am not just another fan. I am the fan. They play your favourite song. Then they play your other favorite song. Solo's in between. Then you think their show is over, but crowd chants so loud that they play an encore. Second encore, too? You've been reading reviews from other cities, and there is no way that the band rocked out so hard anywhere else. And I just had a "I never. Want. This. Night. To. End. " feeling in my mind.
I was there for a fucking concert....
But I experienced so much more....
DATE : 30th Oct 2011, Palace Grounds Bangalore

Comments
Post a Comment