May be not..

So we were shifting again. This was from Bikaner to Jodhpur. It was pretty exciting for me just because i was a bit bored of the place myself. As a kid i used to laugh on the other fellow 7 year olds who used cry while going to a new school. May be i realized this in a very early stage of my life that to make friends is quite a simple job and liking or disliking something is just a state of mind..

Two simple rules which always helped me - always let them see what they want to see and always keep in mind you are what you are, nothing can change that  !!! 

So.. We were actually traveling via the same truck we hired to shift all the other belongings which needs to be shifted.. Still wonder why.. May be my dad used to love the road just like the way i love em now.. It was not that far btw and was about only 10-12 hours journey. And what happens to you when you are a kid of my age traveling in a non exciting ,slow moving truck which you think you can overtake using a 3 wheeled bicycle?? Yeaa .. You sleep..
But when I woke up everything was new.. Thats what i remember till now.. How even after waking up that day I felt like i was still asleep.. It was around dinner time and my elder brother was even more excited then me.. 
He was screaming about an old jet which he saw on the road somewhere with all the fancy colorful lights and water fountains.. As if we were teleport-ed from a Flintstones world to a Jetsons universe.. 

And i was wondering.. What did i missed while i was sleeping..!! Why do i had to sleep..?? I was scolding myself like i have missed everything about this new place and everyone else have seen it all.. God knows what else I was thinking that night but i promised myself that the first thing I am doing next morning is got out and see everything myself..

Next day I was up even before anyone else and brushing my teeth even before going to the loo.. Sheer excitement of witnessing which I have never seen before I think.. Asked for directions to the jet from the newspaper guy who was delivering to the neighbors, memorized it and of I went repeating it in my head...
But i dont remember anything after that..!! Thats why I wanted to write about it..

May be I liked it.. Or may be in the morning it was not as mesmerizing as it was portrayed in front of me.. Or may be I never reached there and came back home instead.. May be it was all in my head and I made up a story for myself just to like that new place where we shifted.. Or may be I just ran that morning to a different place altogether and forgot all about the jet..!! 

May be it was all a dream.. Everything.. Or may be not...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

धुआं ही तो है ...

Absence...