Tour de Bangalore (The ride)

"You are crazzy my bwoyyyyyy !!!" A friend of mine replied to me on FB when he came to know that I am going for a 1800 km ride to Bangalore. Of course it was a crazy plan, but I guess it's good to be crazy about something you really love. It was that accident almost 5 months back which was holding me back in the start. I was scared, over cautious and was over thinking about the trip for obvious reasons. Was even looking for some other options available. But you know-- everyone crashes. Some get back on, some don't and some can't. In the end, I thought whats the fun going this long in a 4 wheeler. It'll be like walking in rain with an umbrella. So it was just me, Vivek bhaiya and his bike. ( I can't tell you, how much I missed my "baby".)   
My favorite thing is to go where I've never gone. I forgot everything when I started riding. It was just me and the highway, talking to each other. Long rides teaches you to trust your instincts and the machine you are riding. Checks your tolerance capability, both body and soul. Teaches you how to make short term goals and let me tell you it feels great when you achieve them. It makes me feel powerful, makes me feel in control. I feel invincible. Everything looks so small when you ride. As if I can do any f**king thing, if I can do this. And yes I am crazy about that feeling because balls make you male my friend, it takes more than that to be a man.     
Stars so clear that you can count them. Moon following you where ever you go and you just keep on following some random brake lights. Waiting for the next bunch of lights, which we call as cities in the day time. Constant humming sound of your engine. Chilly highway breeze making different noises every time you take a glance of the amazing shadow patterns gently carved by the lights coming from the other side. And you feel there no other place in the whole wide world so calm, so peaceful and so relaxing. But you know sometimes the fastest way to get there is to stop somewhere in the night. 
The best alarm is sunshine in chrome. Clouds playing hide and seek with the sun. And now you can see the straight never ending highway too. People waving good byes and posing for the pics. Making new friends. But in all this suddenly you feel tired and a different kind, unsettling pain.(and you know where.. ;) ) If you want to get somewhere before sundown, you can't stop at every tavern. Slowly but steadily you start loving this feeling too and it really is something. Trust me on that. You just keep on riding for riding's sake. The great affair is just to move in the same direction

         

Comments

  1. Dude RIDE is the thing for which "RIDERS" live. and u r MANTAL MY BUUUUUOOOYYYYYYYY

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

धुआं ही तो है ...

Absence...